Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Speaking of Grace....

It occurred to me that when it comes to grace, I am constantly short-changing myself. I can't remember the last time I fully allowed grace to come and cover me. Not just the grace that forgives (I don't know about you, but to me grace often only comes when I feel forgiven- yes feel), but the grace that wraps around me and bundles me from allowing the foolish things I do (where forgiveness doesn't exactly need to be applied) to weigh me down.

Can grace be applied to when we are embarrassing? When I act foolishly and waves of self-consciousness flood over me, I never ever allow grace to flood overtop of the feeling of inadequacy. Nor do I give the people around me, those closest to me, the opportunity to offer grace, I'm too busy apologizing or feeling like an idiot.

I wonder how my confidence would look if I quit holding tight to the foolish feelings and instead just embraced grace. I think I'd be the very most me. With the strongest sense of self-awareness and confidence.

If I just embraced grace.

No comments: