Friday, September 24, 2010

The World of Blogging

I have had no desire to blog since well, 2009. Lots have happened since then to take up this time and lately I've been completely immersed in the world of other bloggers and knowing how little I do blog, have felt completely shamed and inspired by them. Most of the bloggers I read use blogging as part of their full-time and part-time jobs - interior design, therefore their blogs must be updated daily and filled with pictures and tutorials. I blog to share my thoughts with an unseen world and thus do not have to keep up a daily blog. I feel very narcissistic posting thoughts, rants, etc., as I know I'm the only one reading this and it's very similar to updating on facebook. Really, I just want people to be interested in my life and if they are reading this blog, I feel much satisfaction. That being said, I think subconsciously I self-imposed hiatus on posting on my blog. Rather to kill the selfish desire to be heard and stamp it out as best I could than to indulge it and allow it growth.

However the urge is back. I found a gorgeous new template/design and all of these blogs I'm reading have given me the urge to write again.

Plus I think I want some accountability as we redesign our home. Aaaaack! Accountability! Now either I have to do it or resign myself to another failed attempt at doing something.

P.s. blog world, I'm taking the GRE October 29. Hellllllllp!!!!!!

No comments: