Sunday, January 21, 2007

Warm, bright, cheery light.

After much deliberation, it has been determined by the powers in charge (ahem, me) that while the hiatus in posting was necessary and a most deliberate decision, there happens to be certain occasions that arise and deem an untimely post necessary. I shall continue my hiatus/sabbatical after this post, as I am never one to take joy in going against my word. Ergo I shall break this draught of posting to bring you all some very important news.

Snow has arrived to Ohio and it is now officially winter!
When I say snow, I do not mean a dusting and I do not mean flurries. I mean three inches and counting and no roads plowed. I mean driving to church and wondering if it is cancelled and then fishtailing twice (the one time was with mother after church and as she is my witness, we were going sideways down the road and I pulled us out of it with nary a bat of the eye). When I say snow, I say BY JOVE IT HAS SNOWED!

To celebrate said snowfall I took a three hour nap at the rents and then went sledding and sledding and snowball-fighting. Tried hooking up the Great Dane to see if she'd pull me along while on the sled but she just pulled me along, sans sled. Can I just say this, and I don't know if I've ever mentioned it before, but I love snow. I really really really love snow. I love driving in it, I love sledding in it, I love skiing in it, I love walking in it, and I certainly don't mind shovelling it. Snow is magical.

Right now I am sitting at my window in Columbus. There, right outside my window, is a most beautiful scene. A big pond stretches out before me and right in front of my window there is a lamppost. Next to this lamppost are a couple of saplings and a darling little pine and I like to think that they are a very happy group. There is no reason for this lamppost to be in such an illogical spot so I just know that it is there just for me. The tree limbs are covered in snow now and the pine tree looks romantic as a snow-covered pine tree should. The lamppost gives off such a warm golden glow that covers its friends and seems to be an invitation to admire the scene. Of course I am more than happy to oblige. It's my lamppost in Narnia.

Without this wonderful picture before me, I don't know that I could ever have returned to the city without despairing that I would miss out on this most marvelous snowfall. I have been giving a small present, a souvenir one might call it, and I am most blessed. The Lord knows just how to meet the small unspoken needs in my heart and takes great joy in filling them as a bridegroom should. Doesn't that speak volumes about the bride He is pursuing and His love for her?

No comments: