Wednesday, October 11, 2006

It's October o' weather dear!

My Wednesday was supposed to culminate with a wonderful evening at the Fair watching gianormous combines duke it out in front of the Grandstand. Instead I spent it huddled in a basement glued to the TV screen watching the radar make its sweeps around a brightly lit-up-in-red Fairfield County. Thank you Mr. Funnel Cloud. It's 50F outside and we're been interrupted by your good ol'neighborly tornado. Grrr! I've been looking forward to this for a year, A Whole Stinkin' Year! Do you know how fun it is to watch those behemoths ram into each other and chase each other around, all the while using only three wheels? (They typically lose one in the first 15min) Everything is in slow motion and each "BAM!" is spectacular. There's usually a fire of some kind but our FD is right there to take care of it. Not this year. For the second Wednesday in a row, I have been cornered and caged by tornadoes. Why not jazz it up a bit and come in on a Tuesday or a Thursday? Who wants seconds? What tornado ever got its infamy from coming in on the same day as another? BE ORIGINAL. I must say that starting around 5pm, I began to feel as though I would not be watching a Derby today. I called Mom, Dad, and brother Caleb to recheck the day and still I felt as though I would not be watching it. Once again, I am right. Or at least my "womanly intuition," has it together. Grrr!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a bummer. Lousy tornado!

Imagine my surprise when my flight was not allowed to land in Columbus and we had to turn around and go back to Edinburgh. Turns out everyone on the flight was just headed over for the evening to see the derby. We're all very tired today.