Monday, December 18, 2006

Happily mistaken!

Attitudes are not to be relied upon. Prayer changes attitudes. Thus prayer is to be relied upon.

Earlier I discussed the matter of my dysfunctional family and our dysfunctional Christmas gathering. Funny thing, before I went to our dysfunctional celebration, I gave it up to Christ and said "Do with it what you will, I, however, will not enter that house bearing anything but a Christ-like attitude and mentality." Turns out it was one of the best, if not the best family Christmas gathering I have ever attended. It was hard to enter the house with my "I love my family because Christ loves my family" mentality but as I had given it over to the Lord already I washed my hands of the whole matter and decided to celebrate at any costs. (thanks to some orange juice and champagne, it was a heck of a lot easier than I thought! .... ok, kidding, really. (well, not tooo "really." but yeah, nevermind))

Also as it turns out, my uncle has a 1959 Austin Healey "Bugeyed" Sprite. You can imagine how we got along after I told him about my 1976 MG-B! If I bought that car just for the look and appreciation on my uncle's face for that one day, it was worth it. He was literally stunned out of his socks and throughout the entire time, my uncle, my esteemed uncle, sought me out to talk about cars. He even volunteered to wash and wax it if I brought it over. He's so excited to go to Mid-Ohio Vintage car races with our cars (tee hee, this is so great) and... well, I just can't get over how surprised and excited he was. Plus he let me ride in the Sprite with my cousin Michael at the helm, who had never even driven the car before. My cousin Michael and I have never spoken more than ohh... 5 sentences between ourselves and Saturday, we chatted the whole afternoon! Talked about his new restaurant, his wife's car, talked about motorcycles, OSU, you name it. As for my aunts... well, next time I'll bring some exotic dish and we can talk about cooking and decorating and such. Anyway, the power of prayer is not to be underestimated. (and if you have a spare vintage car handy, that helps too).

1 comment:

Bundle of Paradoxes said...

Glad to hear it went so well!