Thursday, December 14, 2006

So much for being a "British" car.

So I'm ranting and as soon as I post this, it will (ok, might) be over. But still....

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-chickasaw10dec10,0,7483753.story?page=1

So I'll finally get the "new" MGF and maybe the MGR but that's not the point. Point is: I don't care that they made MGs in the U.S 30 years ago, I care that now we can no longer call it a British car. It's like making tea in China and then moving the factory to South America with African investors and calling it "Chinese Tea." Or making Belgian chocolates and then moving the entire factory over to....Afghanistan and merging with Mongolian investors and calling the chocolate, "Belgian Chocolate." The recipe may still be the same but HELLO, it's no longer true Chinese tea or Belgian Chocolate. EVERYONE knows you have to go to the original country to get the valid object. *sob* it's just not the same.... *another sob* I don't want everyone else to have the same car.....*pounds the desk* I want to be unique...I want to be original.......What? Yes I'm 23! 5 year old? Excuse me? Tantrum? I beg to differ, it's called being passionate, and yes, the floor of my office is just fine. SO THERE!

And yet another ramification for the Western Expansion. Isn't that just great.

No comments: